Livermore Valley Film Commission
Filming in the Livermore Valley is great because we have:
- One stop permitting
- An experienced staff that breaks down scripts, scouts locations, facilitates permits, and stays with projects during production
- Empty mansions, warehouses and industrial parks in addition to neighborhoods that span every economic level and look
- Charming downtowns that can be shot for any town USA
- Modern office buildings
- A local hospital that has empty space available with great interior and exterior vistas
- One of the largest wind farms in the country
- Rural sites and beautiful vineyards
- County jail open to shooting
- National laboratories which have been used for filming
- The experienced crews of Northern California
- County fair grounds
- An abundance of hotel rooms and restaurants close to all locations ranging from top of the line to more moderate crew facilities
- Livermore Valley is located 20 minutes east of Oakland International Airport
- Weather is production friendly. Average temperature is 73 degrees during the days with cooler nights
- Average rainfall is around 14 inches
On February 20, 2009, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger signed legislation creating tax credits for film and television productions as part of an economic stimulus provision in the new state budget. Applications will be accepted starting July 2009, and you can read more about it on the California Film Commision Incentives page.
"Hemingway & Gellhorn", filmed in the Livermore Valley, is nominated for 15 Emmys. Watch to see how many awards they win on Sunday, September 23.
Tree Top Apple Juice commercial will start airing soon. Look for our ACE train, city neighborhoods, and more! All Livermore.
Mike Rowe recently filmed a Ford F150 commercial in Livermore and Dublin. Should be airing soon.