POSITION: Irrigation Technician
DATE OPENED: September 8, 2017
DATE CLOSED: When filled
SALARY: $16-$22/hour; Based on Experience
This is a full-time benefitted position under the direction of the Ground Supervisor. A qualified candidate will perform skilled work in the installation, repair and maintenance of the Fairgrounds irrigation systems. Full time employee benefits include excellent health and dental coverage for employee and dependents, a generous leave plan, paid holidays and 457b and DBP retirement plans.
Candidates must be flexible to work any shift, including the late shifts as necessary.
- Perform skilled work in the design, installation, repair and maintenance of Fairgrounds sprinklers and irrigation systems
- Repair, rebuild and install lawn and field sprinkler systems; install, rebuild, repair, clean, flush and readjust sprinkler heads and irrigation systems; assist in the design and layout of new irrigation systems; update blueprints and schematic diagrams for new irrigation systems and modifications
- Install, maintain, repair and rebuild automatic, semi-automatic, automated, electrical, hydraulic and manual sprinkler controls, and anti-siphon devices; replace and repair electrical valves
- Receive, review and prioritize work orders; prioritize and respond to emergency service calls; maintain records of work performed
- Lower and raise lawn sprinkler heads; locate remote valves, piping and control valves utilizing blue prints of both obsolete and existing systems
- Measure, cut, thread and install pipes, tubing and a variety of sprinkler and irrigation systems fixtures
- Excavate trenches to perform work, assist in the repair of broken main lines and fresh water lines
- Requisition supplies and equipment pertaining to the sprinkler and irrigation systems in accordance with established guidelines; maintain stock levels
- Operate a variety of power tools and equipment including jackhammers, hand drills, concrete cutters, trenchers and saws
- Determine watering schedules; check lawns to assure proper amounts of water; set time clocks according to seasons, soil conditions and events
- Responsible for assigned vehicle
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Two years of experience in irrigation sprinkler system installation, maintenance and repair work
- Experience operating a variety of hand and power tools
- Proven ability to meet schedules and time lines
- Know and follow health and safety regulations
- Work from blueprints, shop drawings and sketches
- Ability to estimate materials and supply needs
- Order parts and supplies according to established guidelines
- Maintain records related to work performed
- Plan and organize work
- Work independently
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Current valid driver’s license and ability to be on company insurance policy
- Possession of or ability to obtain Backflow Certificate within a one‐year timeframe.
- Possession of or ability to obtain Irrigation Auditor Certificate within one-year timeframe
The Alameda County Fair Association is a non-profit organization that manages the Alameda County Fairgrounds with over 3 million people in attendance at the many 350 events held each year. Home to the Annual Alameda County Fair and public and private events including large consumer and trade shows, festivals, corporate events, concerts, graduations, picnics, weddings and other social events.
Alameda County Fair Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply.
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org By fax: 925 426-5196
By mail: 4501 Pleasanton Avenue, Pleasanton CA 94566 Attn: Majella Ringor
Leave A Comment