Award-Winning Schools in the Livermore Valley
The strong partnership between the schools, business and government here in the Livermore Valley means our students get the education they need to plan for next-generation jobs that may not even exist yet. With an emphasis on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), means that our children can build an educational profile that will be attractive to future high-tech employers such as LLNL, Sandia Laboratories and other tech businesses in the area.
The partnership is so strong that the Livermore’s superintendent, Kelly Bowers, is a member of the LVCC board of directors.
Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District
The Livermore Valley Joint USD is ranked among the top of all school districts in the state, and has won multiple awards for its progressive educational system. They recently recognized LLNL because over 150 middle and high school girls participated in the “Girls Who Code” club program, promoting STEM education and encouraging girls to get into the computer science arena.
Las Positas College
Las Positas College currently enrolls nearly 8,500 day and evening students. The College offers curriculum for students seeking career preparation, transfer to a four-year college or university, or personal enrichment. The College provides university transfer classes, retraining classes for those in need of employment or career advancement, a first-time educational opportunity for many adults, enrichment classes for those seeking a broader perspective, and career and technical training for those entering the technical and paraprofessional work force. Las Positas College excels in helping students transfer to the University of California system, the California State University system, and other four-year institutions.
Local Schools and Colleges in Livermore and the Surrounding Area
Livermore offers residents one of the highest-rated public school systems in California (source: GreatSchools.com) and numerous college and higher education opportunities located nearby. The East Bay offers a wide selection of business education options, two-year community colleges, including Las Positas College, and four-year options including University of California at Berkeley and CSU East Bay.
- Las Positas Community College
- University of California at Berkeley
- California State University East Bay
- California State University San Jose
- St. Marys Private College
- Santa Clara University
- University of San Francisco
- San Francisco State
- Ohlone Community College
- Diablo Valley College – San Ramon Campus
- Berkeley City Community College
- Livermore Adult Education
- California Colleges Information
- Trade & Vocational School Options
- Guide to Online Two Year Colleges
- Online Universities & Career Guidebook
- List of Accredited Online Colleges
- Directory of The Least Expensive Online Universities
- Ranking of the Best Online Colleges
- Accreditation at California Online Schools/Colleges
- Online College Search – State of California
- College Scorecard (Department of Education)
- Government Sponsored Financial Aid