Invitation to webinar on Monday, April 6, 2020:
Families First Coronavirus Response Act: What California’s Employers Need To Know
Jason Geller is the managing partner of Fisher Phillips LLC, San Francisco. Jason represents employers in all facets of employment law matters. Jason has defended employers against class and individual wage and hour claims, including claims for alleged misclassification of exempt and independent contractor status, and failure to pay overtime and provide meal periods and rest breaks. He also frequently defends employers in whistleblowing and retaliation claims.
What to expect of this webinar:
In this time of health crisis and consequences for businesses, employers have pressing questions on how the new Emergency Paid Sick Leave (EPSL) and Emergency FMLA (EFMLA) laws will impact their businesses. Jason Geller will discuss how these laws impact companies and provide best practice guidance on many areas of the law. He will also discuss how the EFMLA interacts with the existing FMLA laws, considerations for reductions, furloughs, and pay reductions.
Webinar attendees will engage in the following topics:
- Paid and unpaid leave for Coronavirus-related reasons
- Emergency paid sick leave
- Emergency Family and Medical Leave Act (expands FMLA)
- Emergency Unemployment Insurance Stabilization and Access Act of 2020
- Unemployment insurance funding
- Reimbursement to employers as tax credits
- And much more!
Don’t miss this webinar dedicated to help businesses when employers have to professionally handle redundancies, reduced hours, layoffs, closures, sick and quarantined workers, and many other challenges.
- 8:55 a.m. Dial-in and welcome.
- 9:00 a.m. Webinar begins: Families First Coronavirus Response Act: What California’s Employers Need To Know.
- 10:30 a.m. Closing comments, questions and answers.
Become a new member of the Employer Advisory Council of Alameda County now, and you can join one 2020 seminar of your choice at no cost!