The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 14 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Concannon Vineyard will teach you everything you need to know about our wines and history; however, we do expect you to have genuine interest and great enthusiasm for learning more about wine and for communicating Concannon history and accomplishments. You must have excellent verbal and interpersonal skills, and must enjoy conversing and interacting with people from around the world. Successful candidates will also be those who take personal leadership responsibility in providing outstanding service and friendliness that exceeds expectations with every customer in order to build authentic, loyal customer relationships and to increase wine and wine club membership sales.
Responsibilities include assisting in all aspect of the estate such as stocking of wine and retail, dishwashing, packaging guest’s purchases etc. Assist with set up and tear down for hospitality events and private tours. All while providing excellent customer service and displaying a consistently positive attitude.
- Provide assistance for hospitality events, The Wine Group internal events to include but not limited to set up and tear down of tables, chairs, wine, etc.
- Assist with private tour set up and break down and as runner during events as needed
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers
- Stock all wines and retail products in Tasting Room
- Assists with packaging guests purchases and bringing it out to their vehicle
- Maintain lawn and property policies by providing rules to customers in a friendly welcoming manner
- Assist shipping department when needed as back-up
- Assist all areas with weekend preparation on Fridays
- Assist with packaging and processing all shipping orders for customers
- Provide assistance with wine packs and other items for Wine Club
- Assist with coordination of special packaging projects as needed
- Assist with managing flow racks
- Assist with maintaining organization of warehouse
- Forklift the recycle hoppers as needed
- All other duties as deemed necessary for the successful operation of the winery
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, dump trucks, pallet jacks, hand trucks, etc.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Possess the ability to work in a fast paced winery and warehouse environment
- Working environment has exposure to related warehouse equipment and associated noise levels
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various task in the warehouse environment
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and perform at a high level under pressure
- Detailed oriented and ability to maintain accuracy at all times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Must be able to obtain Forklift certification
- Flexible with work schedule and supportive of change in the work place
- 2 years previous experience in a winery or warehouse preferred
- Support and model all company procedures and policies
- Must embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group Core Values – Performance, Empowered and Cost-mindful, and keep them in mind when making all decisions
- High School Diploma or equivalent