The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 14 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Under the direction of the Tasting Room Manager, Concannon Vineyard- Hospitality in Livermore, CA location, the Estate Tasting Room Sales/Wine Educator serve as the first point of contact for our customers. This role is a Concannon brand ambassador that will carry out exceptional customer experience, wine education that results in sales for the Concannon Estate. As a result, the appearance, mannerisms, and personality exemplifies the very first guest impression and response of our establishment. The candidate should possess wine bar and/or restaurant experience, should have a super-charged, customer-focused attitude, and a vibrant enthusiasm for wine and food and the wine lifestyle.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- California has thousands of tasting rooms, but only the best offer new and unforgettable experiences. Delighting and surprising our customers with a fantastic experience at our winery is at the center of our attention and must be yours as well
- Assist with outside tastings and winery events
- Assist customers with wine, wine club membership and other purchases. This may include transporting wine and non-wine purchases to the customer’s vehicle from the stock room or tasting room.
- Maintain a high level of relevant Concannon wine and Concannon Vineyard knowledge by remaining familiar with current press information, memos, marketing information and other wine related publications provided to you.
- Maintain competence with computer functions, including retail POS systems.
- Answer telephones, process orders, and provide customer service.
- Perform cashier operations, including tasting room opening and closing.
- Perform periodic wine and non-wine inventories.
- Perform routine housekeeping, organization, and stocking tasks
- Required to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1- 2 years of experience food/wine industry
- Professional appearance and demeanor when dealing with guests and vendors
- Experience working with fine wine and food in a customer service focused environment – proven customer service skills is a must
- Sound general wine knowledge with a commitment to excellent knowledge and enthusiasm for the wines served in our wine bar and tasting room
- Highly motivated, hospitality- and sales-driven with an outstanding work ethic
- Experience in making weekly schedules for restaurant staff
- Works well with others at all levels and departments
- 21 years of age or older with a valid CDL
- Must have ability to become ServSafe certified
- Must be or become TIPS certified
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to stand for an extended period of time
- Working environment has exposure to both indoors and outdoors
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting
- Able tolift and carry up to 50 pounds