StopWaste Helps CITY Businesses Manage Their Energy and Go Green
Starting in September 2014 through December 2014, CITY businesses have the opportunity to receive help to learn how to reduce energy usage while saving money.
As part of a limited-term program run by StopWaste, CITY businesses are eligible to receive the following energy-reducing services provided by energy consultant QUEST at no cost to the business owner:
- On-site assessment of your businesses top energy concerns and next steps
- Creation of business energy benchmarks with EPA’s Portfolio Manager, enabling business owners to track energy usage, compare their output with other similar buildings and monitor their energy saving progress
- Guidance in complying with California State Law AB 1103, the Nonresidential Building Energy Use Disclosure Program
- Access to an energy-efficiency consultant to help businesses locate PG&E rebates and services
- Support to complete the required checklist for the Alameda County Green Business Program
This service is brought to CITY businesses as a partnership between StopWaste, PG&E and the cities of Alameda County – the countywide initiative is aimed at helping communities reach their climate action goals by reducing overall energy usage. Taking advantage of this free service is a great opportunity for businesses to showcase environmental leadership and reduce costs on business operations.