Job Title: Membership & Communications Manager
Position Summary: The Membership & Communications Manager is a key position with the Livermore Valley Chamber of Commerce team. This person is responsible for all functions of the membership department including the recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and the management of the Membership Development Team and Chamber Ambassadors. Other responsibilities include managing communication, marketing, and event planning pertaining to membership development and retention.
– Create and implement new membership sales and membership retention – meeting monthly goals.
– Management of outside sales team members.
– Maintain member relationships and providing superior customer service.
– Create new opportunities with businesses and community leaders to grow participation in the Livermore Valley Chamber.
– Facilitate meetings and networking opportunities with business, city, state and county officials.
– Schedule ribbon cutting ceremonies with Chamber Members.
– Execution of community outreach efforts via social media, print, email, online and newspaper communication outlets – including e-newsletter.
– Manage communications and marketing.
– Assist CEO and office staff with events as requested.
– Manage and coordinate Chamber Ambassadors for various events.
– Manage Chamber blog.
– Assist with front office duties – visitor information, member assistance.
– Respond to requests from members and general public.
Qualifications and Skills:
– Excellent management, public speaking, writing and interpersonal skills.
– Team player with excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Able to apply strategic and creative thinking, while being persistent, motivated and energetic.
– Solid organizational skills – flexible and able to work independently.
– Must be able to multitask, follow directions, learn new tasks and information, concentrate, process information quickly, plan ahead, recognize and solve problems.
– Must utilize good judgement under a variety of circumstances and recognize the need for confidentiality of information.
– Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite and social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
– Able to learn and utilize additional software: Chamberware and Constant Contact.
– Manage membership database using Chamberware.
– Must be able to attend Chamber and other organized events outside of regular working hours.
To apply: Send a letter of introduction and resume to: [email protected]
Job Location: 2157 First Street – Livermore, CA 94550 [Downtown]