It’s that time of the year again, when skies turn baby blue, your garden prepares to pop, and mailboxes fill up with springtime party invitations. What a perfect excuse to plan a celebration for your favorite people!
The trick is to keep it simple so that you can actually enjoy your own event. Here are some of my no-fail springtime hosting tips:
- Stock up on pastel tabletop goodies whenever you find linen and cotton tablecloths, napkins, placemats and runners on sale.
- Be on the lookout for plates, cups, saucers and platters in sorbet colors as well.
- Don’t worry if your serving pieces don’t match. Your table setting will be more interesting if it isn’t too matchy.
- Mix old and new accoutrements for a fun and festive celebration. This is the time to dust off your antique punch bowl or vintage champagne flutes!
- Every party needs sublime music, so choose classic, upbeat tunes to complement party conversation. Think classics like Frank Sinatra or modern Country even EDM for a cool vibe.
- Keep your menu simple with plenty of fresh appetizers and entrees, and jazz up your buffet with colorful fruits and veggies. And always provide alternatives for Vegans or Vegetarians.
- Thoughtfully consider catering all or part of your menu…and relax.
Although we all love to entertain, it’s much easier when you hire a tried-and-true caterer for a springtime brunch, lunch or dinner…holiday parties, graduation celebrations, weddings and showers.
To get a jump on your next soirée, contact Checkers Catering & Special Events. We’ve been Entertaining for over 30 years and look forward to serving you.